Baltimore Doctor Error Lawyer
Nobody is perfect. Even doctors make mistakes, but when they do, they can be very serious. Many people have died from an error made by a doctor.
Doctors often work in high-stress environments. In an emergency room, time is of the essence. Sometimes doctors have to make quick decisions based on limited time and information. In many cases, they make good decisions. In some situations, though, the patient’s condition gets worse and they die.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed by a doctor’s negligence, it’s important that you understand your legal rights. Contact a Baltimore doctor error lawyer from Furman | Honick Law today so we can assess your case.
Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice lawsuits are complex. There is so much involved, so don’t expect to handle one on your own. Here are some reasons to contact a lawyer for your case:
- A lawyer can handle all the paperwork. A medical malpractice claim requires a significant amount of paperwork. You likely don’t know how to handle these documents or when to submit them. There are deadlines involved, so hire a lawyer who knows what they’re doing.
- A lawyer can communicate with the insurance companies. Nobody likes to deal with the insurance companies. The average person does not know what to say and what not to say. Plus, you could ruin your case by doing or saying the wrong thing, so just leave this task to a lawyer.
- A lawyer can appropriately value your claim. You may think your case is worth millions of dollars, but a lawyer may think otherwise. A lawyer understands all the factors that need to be taken into account when placing a value on a claim. They’ll look at your economic and non-economic damages, as well as your quality of life. They will also talk with experts if necessary.
- A lawyer can negotiate the best settlement possible. The doctor you are suing will have a strong legal defense on their side. You need the same. You need a lawyer who won’t back down and will get you the most compensation possible. Lawyers are skilled at negotiating and the right one will represent you fairly and help you get full financial recovery.
- A lawyer can prevent delays. An experienced lawyer has dealt with many cases involving doctor errors, so they know the processes inside and out. They also know that time is of the essence for injured clients, so lawyers know how to speed things along and avoid delays.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
We all make errors at our jobs from time to time. However, when a doctor makes an error, it can have serious consequences.
The team at Furman | Honick Law can help you if you have been injured by a doctor. We’ll help you seek compensation and justice. Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Baltimore doctor error lawyer today by calling (410) 844-6000 or filling out the online form.