Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyer
Semi trucks are a common sight in Maryland. These vehicles traverse through various states to haul consumer goods to their destination.
While they are an important part of the economy, semi trucks are dangerous. They are often long and heavy, weighing as much as 80,000 pounds. They can collide with other vehicles and cause major accidents. These accidents often result in life-changing and life-threatening injuries.
After a truck accident, time is of the essence. Trucking companies have high-powered lawyers at their disposal. They’ll try to ignore your case. That’s why you need a team of aggressive lawyers who will make sure they pay up.
That’s where the Baltimore truck accident lawyer at Furman | Honick Law comes in. We’ll work hard to get you full and fair compensation. Schedule a free consultation with our office today.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Unfortunately, truck crashes are common occurrences. Here are some reasons why truck accidents occur:
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers are behind the wheel for long stretches of time and like the rest of us, they can get distracted from time to time. They may be using their cell phones, reading, eating, or engaging in other behaviors while driving, all which can lead to accidents.
- Truck drivers work long hours and to stay awake, they may use alcohol or drugs. However, these substances can cause a lot of harm to a driver, reducing judgment and coordination.
- Being behind the wheel of a large truck for 10+ hours per day can be tiring. It is not uncommon for truck drivers to get exhausted at the end of the day, with some even nodding off while driving.
- Truck drivers often have strict deadlines. This means that they may be in a hurry to get to their destination, so they may be speeding. A speeding truck is harder to stop, so it’s more likely to cause an accident.
- Poor training. A person cannot simply jump in a semi truck and know how to drive it. These vehicles are large and hard to drive properly. They require a lot of room and know-how. A driver who is not properly trained will easily cause an accident.
- Poor maintenance. Trucking companies like to save money, so many do not maintain their trucks like they should. They forego regular maintenance, which means tires and brakes may suddenly fail, causing loss of control.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
Truck accidents are often catastrophic or even fatal due to the size of the truck involved. If you have been a victim, it’s important that you seek legal help right away to preserve your rights and understand your options.
Truck accidents are complex. Get the help you need to succeed from the experienced Baltimore truck accident lawyer at Furman | Honick Law. We have the knowledge and tenacity to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call (410) 844-6000 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation.