Baltimore Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
For many people, nothing beats the thrill and excitement of riding a motorcycle. However, motorcycles are not all fun and games. They come with many risks and dangers.
Motorcycles offer no protection in the event of an accident. This makes them more dangerous than passenger vehicles. Even a seemingly minor crash can result in serious injuries.
Even when they are wearing a helmet and protective gear, motorcycle riders can end up seriously injured or even killed in a crash. In many cases, these accidents are caused by other motorists who are distracted, drunk, or otherwise not paying attention to the roadway.
When your injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence, know that you have options. You may be able to recover compensation with help from the Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer at Furman | Honick Law. Learn more by scheduling a free consultation.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many behaviors and actions that can cause motorcycle crashes, such as:
- Alcohol and drug use is a serious matter, and it’s a common problem for motorcycle riders. Close to 45% of fatal motorcycle accidents involve a rider with some alcohol in their system. What you do in your personal time is your own business — until it affects others. Even one drink can cause a person to feel “buzzed,” which can affect judgment and coordination. This can result in serious accidents.
- One of the most common reasons why people enjoy riding motorcycles is because they’re fast. Some can go hundreds of miles per hour. While speeding can be thrilling, it can also be dangerous. A rider can easily lose control and get into a catastrophic or even deadly crash.
- A person cannot simply hop on a motorcycle and take off. Learning to ride properly takes a lot of time. In fact, nearly 30% of fatal motorcycle accidents involve riders without a license. It’s important to sharpen your skills before heading out on the main roads.
- Weather conditions. Motorcycles cannot handle ice, rain, and snow well. Their tires do not have adequate traction, making it easy to slide and spin out. Plus, wind and fog can cause visibility issues, and when a rider cannot see well, accidents are more likely to occur.
- Road conditions. Roads are another factor. Rain puddles and debris on roads, such as oil slicks and leaves, can cause slippery conditions. Potholes and uneven roads are also dangerous for motorcycles and can cause loss of control.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
As a motorcyclist, you always need to be prepared for the possibility of an accident. You need to ride defensively. But even if you are being safe, others may not be acting in a safe manner, so crashes can still happen.
When they do, Furman | Honick Law will be there to help. We’ll focus on financial recovery while you focus on physical recovery. Contact our Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyers for a free consultation. Fill out the online form or call (410) 844-6000.