Owings Mills Car Accident Lawyer
If you drive a vehicle on a regular basis, then you face a risk of getting into a car accident. While most car crashes are minor, many are catastrophic or even deadly in nature. Car accidents can happen anywhere. In fact, statistics show that most car crashes happen near the home. When one happens, you need to be prepared. Do you know what to do?
Car crashes can lead to significant, long-term damages. The experienced Owings Mills car accident lawyers at Furman | Honick Law can assist you if you have been a victim. No case is too big or too small.
Car, Truck, Motorcycle & Rideshare Accidents
No accident is too small or too big for us. When you are injured, there is no dollar amount that can make up for the stress, pain and suffering you experience. We treat every case on its own. There is no “one size fits all” value. We take the time to meet with you and make sure that we understand every aspect of your recovery and prognosis to properly evaluate your case and advise you of your options. We take on insurance companies, governments, truck companies, or any business regardless of size, when you are harmed by their negligence or misconduct.
Motorcycle and bicycle accidents can have particularly devastating affects on a rider’s life. When a car or truck fails to pay attention and is negligent in operating their vehicle, blind to riders on the road, we will make sure to fight to get you paid for your medical care, lost wages and any changes that will need to be made to your life as a result of your injuries. We are proud Maryland lawyers who are not afraid to take a client on who has suffered from a collision with a car while on a bike or motorcycle.
If you have been injured by a train, plane, or bus or injured while riding on a train, plane, or bus, we know how to help. We’ve handled thousands of cases dealing with these types of companies, and operators, including public transit. These cases often have many complex layers that must be addressed before you can successfully make a claim and we make sure everything is taken care of for you. You do not want your potential claim being dismissed by a technicality.
Uber, Lyft, and other rental cars and taxis frequently roam our roads. While suing these companies may seem like a challenge, our experienced Owings Mills Uber & Lyft accident lawyers Dustin Furman and Allen Honick, are up for the task. We’ve had great success in suing these companies for the harms they have caused our clients. We will not let them get away with causing you injuries, pain, stress and suffering.
If your child was hit after getting on or off of a school bus, we can help. Unfortunately, there are many careless drivers who fail to stop for school buses and violate the law. In doing so, if one of your kids is struck by a careless driver we will ensure we get your child the justice they deserve and compensation for all injuries, pain and suffering they sustained.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car crash, you should take the following steps:
- Stop immediately.
- Call 911 if anyone is injured.
- Call the police.
- Get names, addresses, telephone numbers, license plates, and driver’s license information from all drivers.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as any damage.
- Write down information about what happened.
- Notify your insurance company to file a claim.
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen in a number of ways. Here are the most common types to be aware of:
- Rear-end crashes. These are the most common accidents. Drivers need to pay attention to the road and allow adequate distance between themselves and other vehicles. When they fail to do so, they may hit the rear of the vehicle in front of them. In these cases, the rear driver is typically the one at fault.
- Side impact crashes. Also known as T-bone accidents, these crashes occur when a vehicle hits another vehicle on the side, at a perpendicular angle. The occupants of the hit vehicle may suffer significant injuries. These accidents tend to occur at intersections when a driver runs a stop sign or red light. Distractions, impairment, and reckless driving are common causes.
- Rollover crashes. Rollovers often occur in SUVs and other vehicles with a high center of gravity. Hitting an object at a high speed or speeding around a curve are common causes. Rollovers can cause fires, causing burns and other serious injuries to those inside the vehicle.
- Head-on crashes. While not as common as other accidents, they are one of the most deadly, especially if high speeds are involved. These crashes occur when the fronts of two vehicles collide. They often occur due to distracted driving, improper passing, speeding, and intoxication.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
Car accidents are everyday events. While many are minor fender benders, some are serious and even fatal.
While many crashes can be handled with an insurance claim, many require legal attention, especially if there are long-term injuries involved. The team at Furman | Honick Law will take the time to understand every aspect of your recovery and prognosis to properly evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options. Schedule a free consultation with an Owings Mills car accident lawyer today by calling (410) 844-6000 or filling out the online form.