Owings Mills Head & Neck Injury Lawyer
An accident can happen to any of us at any time. A car accident, slip and fall, defective product, or workplace accident can cause a head or neck injury. Head and neck injuries can be painful. They can affect a person’s life permanently, requiring in-home care and assistance with daily activities. A person may not be able to engage in their favorite hobbies.
Head and neck injuries often require extensive treatment and can be costly to treat. You need to make sure you have adequate compensation for your injuries. This requires the right legal representation. Seek legal help from the Owings Mills head & neck injury lawyers at Furman | Honick Law. We’ll assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.
Types of Head Injuries
Head injuries can be serious in nature, causing disability and death in adults. While many injuries are mild, causing bumps and bruises, many are more severe, causing skull fractures, internal bleeding, and even brain damage.
Head injuries are on the rise. Millions of Americans are living with brain injuries. However, many are unable to work and require assistance with daily living activities.
Some common head injuries include:
- Concussions. A concussion is an injury to the head that causes a loss of alertness. In some cases, a person can lose consciousness.
- Skull fractures. These refer to breaks in the skull bone. The most serious type is a break in the bone at the base of the skull.
- Intracranial hematomas. These are blood clots in and around the brain. They may form underneath the skull. When they occur inside the brain, they become hemorrhages.
- Diffuse axonal injury. This is caused by the shaking of the brain. The brain is injured in various parts, often leading to a coma.
Types of Neck Injuries
Common neck injuries include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a common injury from car accidents, causing the neck to jerk back and forth quickly. Whiplash can cause soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and ligament sprains and strains.
- Spinal cord injuries.These injuries can happen in a number of different ways and can be serious. Some result in paralysis below the neck.
- Herniated discs. A herniated disc occurs when the gel-like center of a disc ruptures through a weak area in the outer wall, causing pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Cervical dislocations. This refers to an injury in a ligament in your neck. This can cause your spine to become unstable.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
Head and neck injuries can range from mild to severe. Some are life-changing and even permanent, affecting daily life forever.
At Furman | Honick Law, we understand the damages involved with these injuries. We know how they will affect your life in the long term. Count on our Owings Mills head and neck injury lawyers to get you the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation with our office, fill out the online form or call (410) 844-6000.