Owings Mills Insurance Claim Lawyer
We have insurance to protect us from calamities that can happen in our everyday lives. Auto, health, and homeowners insurance are common types of insurance that Maryland residents pay for.
When you suffer damages that are supposed to be covered, we expect that the insurer will promptly pay the claim. However, getting the compensation you deserve is not easy. Insurance companies will often undervalue or underpay claims. They can also mismanage and even deny perfectly valid claims.
You are likely dealing with enough stress at this time, and drama from the insurance company is the last thing you want to deal with. What happens next?
If you are dealing with an insurance dispute, don’t give up. With the right legal help, you can get your claim resolved. The Owings Mills insurance claim lawyers at Furman | Honick Law can help.
Types of Insurance Disputes
Individuals and small business owners may have trouble getting insurance claims paid in a timely manner. Some common insurance disputes include:
- Auto insurance claims
- Health insurance claims
- Long-term care insurance claims
- Life insurance claims
- Disability insurance claims
- Business interruption claims
- Commercial or residential property insurance claims
- Government and municipality claims
- Hurricane insurance claims
- Restaurant insurance claims
Reasons for Undervaluing or Denying a Claim
An insurance company may undervalue or deny a claim for various reason, such as:
- The insurance company claims that no covered loss has occurred.
- It has been determined that your losses are not eligible for coverage.
- The damages are valued at a lower amount than what the policyholder is claiming.
- The damages fall below the policy deductible.
How a Dispute Occurs
Sometimes insurance providers may not act in good faith. They do not always provide fair judgments when responding to claims from policyholders. This can lead to disputes such as:
- Unnecessarily delaying the claims process
- Not communicating effectively with the policyholder
- Denying claim for no good reason
- Mishandling information relevant to the claim
- Misinterpreting the circumstances that prompted the insured to file the claim
- Overlooking the coverages offered in the insurance policy
- Conducting an inadequate investigation
- Failing to pay medical providers
To resolve an issue with an insurance claim, you can file a claim with the appropriate state agency. However, this will not necessarily resolve your claim. The best thing you can do is consult with a lawyer who has experience handling these types of insurance disputes. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
If you don’t feel as though your insurance claim has been handled correctly or fairly, It may be a good idea to hire a lawyer. A lawyer can help resolve your dispute and help relieve the frustration you are likely facing.
The team at Furman | Honick Law is up to the task. Let us provide you with aggressive representation. Contact our Owings Mills insurance claim lawyers today. Call (410) 844-6000 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation with our office.