Owings Mills Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks can often be found on Maryland’s roadways. These large trucks are important to the economy, carrying food, clothing, electronics, vehicles, and other essentials.
However, these trucks can also be dangerous. Semi trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. A collision with a passenger car can easily cause fatality.
These accidents, unfortunately, happen quite often. Truck drivers are often fatigued and overworked. Some are intoxicated or distracted. Then there are those who are not properly trained and shouldn’t be behind the wheel in the first place.
Truck accidents can be complex due to the various elements involved. If you are involved in a truck crash, you need strong legal representation on your side. Schedule a consultation with an Owings Mills truck accident lawyer at Furman | Honick Law today.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents may be caused by:
- Distracted driving. Driving a truck for hours at a time is boring. Sometimes drivers will distract themselves with texting and social media.
- Intoxication. Alcohol and drugs are common substances for truck drivers, but they can end up experiencing a lack of judgment and coordination.
- Fatigue. Truck drivers work long hours. While they are limited to 11 hours under federal law, some companies require drivers to work even longer, leading to fatigue and fatal accidents.
- Poor training. Trucking companies often want to get drivers on the road quickly. This means drivers who are behind the wheel may not be fully trained, causing crashes.
Why You Need an Owings Mills Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents shouldn’t be handled by yourself. Here’s why you need an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side:
- Trucking companies are big. Trucking companies often employ large legal teams to help them avoid paying out compensation to injured victims. You need a legal team that’s just as powerful f if you want to get the compensation you deserve.
- The trucking company may lowball you. If the company does offer you a settlement, it will likely be very low. It won’t be enough to fully compensate you. Never sign anything without consulting a lawyer first.
- You can file a lawsuit to get even more compensation. The trucking company or insurance company might offer you enough money to pay for all your expenses, but you need to look beyond that. You likely also have non-economic damages to contend with. If you have emotional damages such as pain and suffering, anxiety, stress, and depression, then you want to make sure you get fully compensated for those as well.
Contact Furman | Honick Law Today
Truck accidents are often deadly due to the weight and impact involved. Those who survive these crashes often suffer catastrophic injuries.
Truck accidents are often complex. Trucking companies will fight your case. Fight back with help from Furman | Honick Law. We won’t back down. We’re not afraid to go to court if necessary. Fill out the online form or call (410) 844-6000 to schedule a free consultation with an Owings Mills truck accident lawyer.